Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Insight to Finance


Throughout my childhood and into my teenage years, I have had the opportunity to watch my mother operate in the fields of real estate and finances, particularly loans. On many occasions I helped my mother with these transactions and had a first hand look into how the business world operated. Numbers and business deals caught my intrigue from a young age and is a major factor of why I choose finance for my major. In the upcoming year when I graduate, I plan on entering the field of corporate real estate or potentially handling mortgages at a bank maybe even an entry-level analyst position! The best part of finance is closing the deals because that is when you get the check. And your commission is usually based upon a percentage to the total amount.
                   There are also many other jobs to pursue in the field of finance. Finance opens up a variety of work options and career paths after college and is a huge factor as to why I choose this as my major. After obtaining work experience and knowledge I then aspire to opening up my own brokerage firm. The other great thing about the finance field is that there are many opportunities to create your own business. I found this attractive because I would love to work for myself. You can make your own hours , hire staff that reflect your business model and ideals and even work from home! By owning my own business I will be able to manage myself and hopefully push me towards the level of success I hope to achieve. Our society, the world, the economy relies on business so I feel that my choice as a finance major is perfect. Another super cool link I found online gives you six simple steps to follow for creating your own finance business from the ground up (StartUpBusiness). In this portal you can search and find jobs in the field who are hiring! Finances are an essential part of ones everyday life so, even if you don't want to go into the finance field it's important to make smart spending decision.
              I also found an awesome web sight that can give you much more information about all kind of jobs in the field, (CareersInFinanceWebsite). The website offers a couple of other perks. One is that they also have a ton of blogs and other financial information from professionals working in the field. Another wonderful aid they provided was a job search section (JobSearch). I plan on finding my first job in the city f San Francisco! One reason is that majors in the finance field make a little over thirty percent more in their salary than most places elsewhere in the United States, so consider taking this into consideration when looking for your job as well. Another great idea would be to search Craigslist, Monster, CareerBuilder, SnagAJob, Indeed and many other aids you can find online. It  is also a smart idea to create a Linkedin.com account to connect to other working professionals. Linkedin.com is like a Facebook but, the kind you'd use to find a job.
But, where ever your career path takes you in life always make sure to do the right thing. Not what may be right to you or your co-worker but, what you would do if your mother was watching you. Another piece of advice I also have to offer is choose a career that will make you happy. Do not get stuck in a career choice that you dread because most likely this is going to be the job that pays the bills and you will be stuck for the rest of your life.  Life is short do something you will find enjoyable and interesting!




2 comments:

  1. I also chose finance because i love dealing with numbers and it is such a wide field, you have so many options for job search. I think that is awesome that you have such a well thought out goals for yourself. I still have the mindset of winging it, but with some structure. Good for you, good luck I am sure you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working in the mortgage business can be a lot of fun. The Real Estate market is not at its best right now but it looks as though things are slowing getting better.

    ReplyDelete